Thread: Sievert Pro Torch Kit - How to attach to gaz cylinder ?

Default Sievert Pro Torch Kit - How to attach to gaz cylinder ?

Hi Everyone - I bought the Sievert Professional Torch Kit a while ago and have just tried to set it up. I am based in France and this is a picture of my propane cylinder Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	9152 (hope you can see the image)

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding a bit that goes between the cylinder and the regulator (if possible with a web link so I can buy one).

Really appreciate any help :-)
    Last edited by TMFrance; 24-07-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Just check that you have a propane cylinder , I was told that in France the green cylinders were Butane and the propane were red or orange, but I may be wrong. The gas regulators have different screw fittings for propane and butane.
    Your photo looks like a butane tank fitting. This is a butane regulator on Amazon;https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miscellaneo...tane+regulator

Check out this French companies website as they look like they have what you may require also; http://www.addax-gaz.com/pdt_detente.html

James

James

Hi James, thanks very much for the links - The label does say Propane.

Quote Originally Posted by TMFrance View Post
    Hi James, thanks very much for the links - The label does say Propane.
    Well one problem you will have is that the Sievert torch kit comes with a gas regulator for UK propane cylinders that have a different screw fitting to the one you show on your photo and are always red/orange in colour, over here in the UK that type of screw fitting on your cylinder is only fitted on Butane cylinders which are blue or green. Contact that company in France I gave a link to and see if they can supply an adaptor to allow a connection to the French cylinder screw feed.

This is my propane cylinder, I have a dual connection to the regulator as I have my Sievert and my Smiths torch running off the same gas supply.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	463 Oxy propane cylinders.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	9154
    Good luck
    James

Thanks very much James, we'll check out the link and I've send an email to Sieverts to see if they have a solution.

RESULT !!! I finally did what I should have done in the first place and called Cooksons and told them my problem - The swapped the regulator for a european one and it fits straight on. Really great service and very helpful - thanks Cooksons !

Gosh I wish I had thought of that when I was in France! I used to get my friends to bring me a propane bottle from the UK when they drove over LOL.

I know, I was such a twit wasting so much time on the internet trying to find a solution, Cooksons should have been my first call :-)