Thread: Ring Shank Thickness on Wide Band Ring

Default Ring Shank Thickness on Wide Band Ring

Hello, I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding ring shank thickness for a wide band reticulated organic ring (attached). This was made using 0.8mm silver sheet. However I would prefer it to be thicker for strength, but am unable to create the same effect with thicker metal (have tried 1mm)....the finished effect just wasn't as elegant. Can anyone suggest anything, or do you think 0.8mm thickness is reasonable? I am just concerned that the ring wont stand up to everyday wear and tear...

would appreciate your thoughts!!

Thanks
    Karolina
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ret.jpg  

I'm no expert, but with a ring shank as wide as that appears to be in the photo it should be fine. Personally, for wide band rings a bit thinner sheet can be more comfortable .. at least they are for me.

Edited to say it's a really pretty ring!

It's fine for normal wear, Karolina and quite a special effect. All silver rings are vulnerable to wear if kept on for heavy tasks-gardening for instance. If worn every day they will eventually be loved to death.

Dennis.

Thanks Stacey and Dennis! I too find that thinner sheet is more comfortable for wide band rings and more elegant. But I was just a bit concerned perhaps it was a bit too fragile for everyday wear. Thanks for reassuring me!