Thread: The Suite.

Default The Suite.

When I started this, I thought a suite was just a settee and two armchairs. Now whenever I make just one thing: a ring, a necklace or some earrings, I know that sooner or later the others must follow.

I made the daisy necklace with the red crystal centres earlier, but seeing it worn for a while with unsuitable accompaniments, I gave in and made the ear studs and a ring, using the same crystals and jump rings to create a family: the suite.

The ring shank is adjustable; handy when you are a little uncertain what the up to date measurement will be, or in this case for someone whose size changes from time to time.

To enlarge it, simply push it up a ring stick. To reduce it pinch the loops slightly with pliers. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rs1 Short Chain With Red Crystals.jpg   Rs2 EarringsWith Red Crystals.jpg   Rs3 Ring for Red Suite.jpg   Rs4 Showing adjustment.jpg   Rs5 Adjustable Ring  Shank.jpg  

They're lovely Dennis, out of interest are the little crystals bezel set or tube set?

Faith

Thank you Faith. Yes they are 3.0mm stones, set in 3.7mm tubing. The metal is quite hard, but having made my own drawbench, I am able to draw down standard tubing to suit. Otherwise it would be more of a struggle. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 04-07-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Well having never attempted to draw down anything that still sounds like a good healthy amount of struggle to me!

Definitely worth it though, super pretty
    Faith

Very pretty Dennis. I like how the earrings and ring compliment the necklace, rather than being identical in shape.

They're nice elegant pieces as always Dennis, look great and as always I like the design of them all.

Nick

Thank you Nick. I see you're back from holiday. Dennis.