Thread: Sizing help

Question Sizing help

One thing that let's me down is my ability to size chain, not in length but width, I just can't seem to get it to stick - I've always been crap with numbers. I have some 4mm bead bails with a hole width of 1.56mm. If I get this trace chain http://www.cooksongold.com/Loose-Cha...prcode-WVT-C00 it will fit? Apologies for the daft question but my brain won't computer numbers. I'll go hide as I fear raised eyebrows and mutterings of stupidity lol

That's no surprise Celia, since the figures given are the thickness of wire in fractions if an inch and the number of links to the inch. This is something most of us really don't need to know.

The printed catalogue gives the dimensions in mm, but gives two figures without explanation. However, if you take the links as being oval, then the larger figure(2.0) should be the length of a link and the smaller figure(1.5) the width, which would fit your bead.

Shame on Cookson for making this so obscure. No refund on cut loose chain, so you might need to phone them to confirm. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis. Chain is chain to me, large medium or small links is how I roll lol.
    When you buy stud posts you're told which scrolls go with them, to be told which chain is thin enough would help greatly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk