Thread: Stock for Summer Festivals

Default Stock for Summer Festivals

Hello, hoping for some advice again! (this forum is so so useful by the way - thank you)

I'm selling my silver jewellery at 2 festivals this Summer. One has 3000 attendees and is a family friendly music and arts and crafts type festival running over 3 days, the second has around 100,000 attendees and is a surf/skate daytime festival running over 5 days and I'm really not sure how much stock to make. I have around 35 pieces in my collection. I think it's more of a case of me showcasing my pieces to a wider audience rather than selling as such, as I'm thinking people may not spend that sort of money at a festival, however obviously I want to make sure that I have enough stock in case people do buy! Does anyone have any experience or advice for me?

Thank you so much in advance. Daisy x

My first event I did was a festival with around 30,000 attendees (baptism by fire!) It was a two day event, family friendly, music and crafts etc, but I only did the first day.

I looked at it like you, as a showcase. A lot of people took business cards (and I mean A LOT!) so take way more cards than you think you will need.

As for stock, I sold quite a few bits. It was mostly in the £30/£40 range, but I was surprised to sell a few more expensive pieces as well. This year I'm going to take some smaller stud earrings that I can sell for less as an experiment. As I've only done one so far, I'm probably not best placed to tell you how much stock you will need - I only had one of most of my designs, some I had two, and I wish I'd had time to make more. This year I'm going to try and make probably 5 of each of the less expensive pieces and just stick with one of each of the more expensive ones.

Good luck with the festivals!

I've only ever done one and it turned out to be a disaster. Worst event ever.

That's really helpful, thank you!