Thread: sharper and crisper

Default sharper and crisper

Hi, I have tried to cast a lego piece in cuttlefish bone, but the results are not sharp and crisp enough. I want to make cufflinks for my daughters boyfriend, does anyone have any tips as to how I can get a better result please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1216.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	9017
    thanks

Hi.
    Lego is a registered trademark and the company is fiercely protective of its copyright and logo, regardless of the fact that you are not intending to sell your copies.

The simplest way to build a toy building brick in silver is to cut out a square from 2.0mm sheet and solder on short lengths of 5.0mm wire for the knobs.
    Alternatively, for a more glamorous look, you can use lengths of 5.0mm tubing and set stones into the ends, as once proposed by James miller in a previous discussion.

To arrange all this neatly, I would draw it on 1.0mm graph paper and paste it onto the silver with Pritt. You can then cut through the paper using a craft knife and ruler to give you scribed squares and also mark the centres of the posts. Dennis.

Thank you so much Dennis, great help and advice - as always.
    I will have a go at making my generic building bricks in just the way you suggest. I'm sure the results will be so much more satisfactory.
    thanks
    Sue