Thread: Advice about equipment

Smile Advice about equipment

Hi, Is it safe for me to have my soldering equipment in the house? Its the Oxygen bottle and gas bottle that I'm concerned about. I have the standard equipment with the safety valves etc. I always turn the bottles off when I've finished. All advice very much appreciated.

If connected according to the manufacturers instructions and checked regularly for leaks, they are considered safe.

However, for extra security, some members use only small gas canisters and an Oxycon to provide the oxygen as needed.

It is best to have a fireproof soldering area, flooring which will not ignite if you drop hot stuff and also ventilation. In case of small fires you should have a fire blanket easily accessible.

It is also important to be insured. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-06-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Thank you for your advice Dennis, Im already insured as its previously been in the garden in an office, but I can't use it any longer. So i'll change that over. fire blanket and extinguisher already in place. I've read about having the canisters attached to the wall so they can't fall and combust. Is that necessary? My husband is concerned about them leaking, but i figured that some people have them in the house for medical reasons, so they must be safe.......???