Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vintage gemstone suppliers?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of suppliers of vintage/pre-used gemstones? I'm mainly thinking about diamonds and sapphires & not looking for large or expensive stones.

I'm using recycled gold and I was thinking it would be good in terms of ethics to use gemstones that have also had a previous life but I don't know how feasible this is in terms of availability & price?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!
    Elizabeth
    Hi Elizabeth,

If you can use these garnets from a Victorian bracelet just pm me your address and I'll post them to you. I've been told they are real garnets and I'm pretty sure they are as I've fired half a dozen of them into silver clay with no loss of colour or breakage!

I've no use for the rest of it so your welcome to it if you don't mind picking out the rest!

Lynn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garnets.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	9007

Looks as if you might have had a good bargain there Lynn. If you use clay, I found they are also good put in pointy side out for fierce looking eyes. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn.D View Post
    Hi Elizabeth,

If you can use these garnets from a Victorian bracelet just pm me your address and I'll post them to you. I've been told they are real garnets and I'm pretty sure they are as I've fired half a dozen of them into silver clay with no loss of colour or breakage!

I've no use for the rest of it so your welcome to it if you don't mind picking out the rest!

Lynn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garnets.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	9007
    Lynn that is such a kind offer, are you sure you don't want them?! I've sent you a pm...

I'm quite sure I don't want them Elizabeth, every time I de-clutter they just get moved from one drawer to another while I wonder what on earth to do with them, so you will be doing me a favour. Hope they are useful.

Lynn