Thread: House move!!!!

Default House move!!!!

Hi again, I'm back in the real world again, we have internet again after a house move and three weeks without due to a faulty line and moving back into my old house which is a lot smaller than where we were living. The phrase "trying to get a quart into a pint pot" comes to mind.
    We were supposed to be moving in over a month ago, but the tenant left it in a very bad state, bath had overflowed on numerous occasions and the kitchen ceiling had rotted unknown by us. We decided to get a painter in to freshen it up a bit, and the ceiling was moving every brush stroke. So on the weekend before we were due to move, we had to cancel the furniture removers and book a date a month later. We have had to get a new kitchen (old one trashed, including the floor), new bathroom (toilet was broken and so was handbasin pedestal), kitchen ceiling taken down completely and renewed, every room painted and decorated, even the outside needed attention, garden fence had to be renewed as he had been hanging things from it and it had broken. Anyway all my tools etc have been packed since early April (we were due to move on 11th) and since then I havent touched a tool apart from a screwdriver.
    Yesterday I unpacked my tools, yippee and cleared a space on my desk, so now I am back into making again, if I can find where I have put things.

Good luck with your new life, Pat. Dennis.

Not really a change of life, just downsizing, same hubby, dogs never lived here so a bit of night time prowling around and jumping on the bed for reassurance. I bought the house when I decided I would stay single, not worth the hassle of a partner, then after eight years of avoiding men, met a lovely chap and we have been married now for 10 years. The house we bought when we got married was a lot bigger than this one, to make a fresh start really, but after 10 years we decided to move back to something a bit smaller. I will be 70 next year so dont want to spend all my time cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Not really a change of life, just downsizing, same hubby, dogs never lived here so a bit of night time prowling around and jumping on the bed for reassurance. I bought the house when I decided I would stay single, not worth the hassle of a partner, then after eight years of avoiding men, met a lovely chap and we have been married now for 10 years. The house we bought when we got married was a lot bigger than this one, to make a fresh start really, but after 10 years we decided to move back to something a bit smaller. I will be 70 next year so dont want to spend all my time cleaning.
    Jeez, sounds like nightmare tenants from hell; glad you're rid and getting sorted out.

Hope you will feel settled soon Patstone. Glad you've managed to get your tools out, I'd be distraught without mine! I'd love a dog I really would, I actually like them more than people but after suffering the heartbreak of losing one dear to me couldn't go through that again so look after friends doggies for them when they go away instead. Got a very bouncy schnauzer who had a very big op couple of weeks ago coming this weekend !

Looking forward to seeing what you produce with your tools though !