Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tumbler has ruined my rings!

Hi Evie,

I think this is definitely one to talk to Cookson about. They only have one reviewer, who seems perfectly happy, but as with the other members above, I worry about the metal fins and the Vaseline contamination.

As an alternative, black rubber barrels have caused discolouration too, presumably if the rubber deteriorates, but black plastic barrels with plastic fins seem to work fine. However I found plain plastic lids difficult to manage so I think you still need a metal lid with a closing screw.

Lastly as you no doubt know, the needles in the shot cause tiny pin marks, so you will never get a mirror shine. Dennis.

Had a barrel like this (but with no vanes), certainly never used vaseline. I have the Evans machine (And am on rubber vaned barrel 2 with lid number 3), has been going strong for 7 years
    http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-999-001

I would say the metal fins are more suited to stone tumbling, personally I use a plastic drum with plastic fins for my jewellery

CG say it's the right product but they're confused why I've received instructions for a lapidary machine. They say I can send it back for a refund so going to do that and go back to using my rock tumbler. For bangles I'll stick with my Tupperware in a bag washing machine method until I can afford a proper tumbler but will certainly do more research next time due to this experience.
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram