Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not on the High Street, Jewel Street etc...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Just as an update to this thread as I appreciate it's knocking on a bit, but as an alternative marketplace venue, The Guild of Jewellery Designers Odissa site, is gaining quite a bit of momentum now in the search engines and could work out as a useful additional sales channel for designer/makers. The commission on sales is a respectable 10% dropping to 6% depending on which plan you subscribe to. As with any marketplace or dedicated website though, the amount of sales you get are down to your own marketing efforts. Odissa is slightly different in as much as each 'shop' is tailored, to a certain degree, to look like a dedicated website and shop owners have the option to forward their own domain name to it.

I keep meaning to look into these more. Jewelstreet have contacted me a few times, but really not sure. Etsy has always worked fairly well for me (I ran my own seperate online shop against a copy on etsy and etsy trounced it). Will check out the Odissa site too, another on my 'have been meaning to' list! Have been quiet due to family stuff, but hopefully back to normal again, at least for a bit!

I keep thinking about this one Alan but I think my photography need a bit of work 1st