Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liver of Sulphur for Fingerprint Jewellery

Well those little radial disks are really quite good! I have a good shine and the polishing pads worked great to clean up the LOS. One final question if I may? The patina only resides in the lettering and indented lines of the print, so would u recommend I seal with Renaissance wax, or leave it as it is? Unfortunately I forgot to patina a bit of scrap to test the wax first and wasn't sure how much it would change the surface finish. At the moment obviously the silver is shiny and the dark bits are matt- I wasn't sure if the wax would make it all matt or all shiny, which might be less nice?
    Many thanks
    Faith

Hi Faith,
    Actually wax does not seal the patina for long, but it does temporarily deepen the colour and impart a sheen. That said, even spray on furniture polish would do. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis, It would be alright just to leave it how it is then with no seal? I'm happy with the finish as it is?
    Faith

I think so, But others might disagree.

Well thanks everyone the pendant is finished and while I don't think it's quite perfect, my friend loves it. And I can always have a go at a version 2 if she likes. The radial disks and polishing pads worked great, I found this: http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-999-AJH which did a nice job of burnishing the letters, and the brass brushing was fine done under water with a bunch of fairy liquid in it.
    Ta again for all the help,
    Faith