Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liver of sulphur on cutlery

I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to why my previous comment had seemed to have disappeared until now?

Hi Daisy,
    Please don't be annoyed with us. We are all friends on this forum, and speaking for myself, I am only responding to an atavistic reluctance (in common with all apes) to put something in my mouth that is perceived as a threat.
    That should not prevent you from experimenting with you designs. The ultimate arbiter will be your sales.
    Apologies for unintended offence, Dennis.

I'm not annoyed, Dennis....more disappointed and offended that there's a hint, in certain comments, of a lack of common sense on my part.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 20-05-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Snidery deleted.

And again my comments disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
    Wow, was I ever sorry I asked a simple question. I have plenty of common sense, thank you. For what I was planning the stamped wording would have to go on the parts of the cutlery which are put into mouths or touch food. Thanks anyway.
    @DaisyDaisy, please don't be over-sensitive. There's a reason that cutlery is curved, fine finished and polished. Handles can be decorated or formed from different materials. Stamping letters or otherwise designing cracks / crevices into the functional part of the cutlery provides somewhere for some microbiological nasties to stick around.

If you have common sense, you'll know not to fly in the face of something that has evolved due to more than whim. Alternatively if the piece is intended to be entirely decorative, then go right ahead. Alternatively if you won't listen to well intentioned advice, go right ahead too.

Artists are free to express themselves in any way they wish. I dont think common sense comes into it.

Many forms of art which were strongly criticised to begin with, have entered the mainstream in later generations.

I now see that my first reaction was prejudiced and have apologised for it. Dennis.

Yes Dennis, you hit the nail on the head... there is art and there is utility. The OP was regarding the safe use. I know the number of times I've changed cutlery in an pub/diner/eatery.

As art, I'm all for it; inspired even!