Thread: Swarovski & lab grown diamonds

Default Swarovski & lab grown diamonds

I'm really interested in using lab grown diamonds, as they are guaranteed to be conflict free.

I've had a bit of a google but struggling to find anywhere that sells loose stones rather than finished jewellery. Any recommendations for places to buy them?

And whilst we're on the subject, I've been wanting to use other synthetic gemstones, as I'd like to make some large and colourful pieces, but the cost of using 'the real thing' makes the designs a non-starter.

Has anyone bought synthetics from this place? http://www.syntheticgems.org/ I like that they have ALL of the colours, sizes and shapes, but the downside is having to buy them in bulk quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    I've had a bit of a google but struggling to find anywhere that sells loose stones rather than finished jewellery. Any recommendations for places to buy them?
    Erm... Classifieds here?

Madestones in Belgium are pretty good; can't think of who else off the top of my head. My supply is as stated, so I'd be no use for longer term.

I've just spotted yours! That'll teach me to reply to stuff without going through all my unread threads first...

I'm just generally musing at the moment, so not sure what sizes I'd need, although the 2mm and 2.5mm ones are definitely tempting as know what I'd use those in.

Why is it so difficult to find suppliers of loose lab grown diamonds? It's like it's this big secret that they don't want people to know about!

not sure if its any help but I recently got a lovely synthetic emerald from A E wards, so i know they supply synthetics but im not sure how big their range is

its amazing they can do that and the article is super interesting...thanks

Nice share, I'm kind of on the fence about lab grown diamonds to be honest. I like the idea of them, but genuine earth-grown diamonds just seem a step up for me. I think it's because I know the amount of time and force that went into the creation of those diamonds in such a natural way. But hey, as long as the sparkle and beauty is still there I'm all for them.

I don't know about anyone that sells synthetic loose diamonds but I'm pretty sure James Allen and Blue Nile online sell genuine loose stones if you're interested.