Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Diamond suppliers?

Default UK Diamond suppliers?

Hey Cookies,

Wondered if any of you could suggest some good places to buy diamonds (conflict free/ethical preferred) in the UK? I use Wards for most of my gemstone needs and have in the past used them for diamonds also, but wondered if there might be a better/purse friendlier option out there? I live in Scotland, so online/telephone companies only please as I don't have access to Hatton Garden/Jewellery Quarter on my doorstep :-) Any info much appreciated.

Warmest wishes,

Hannah

Hi Hannah I personally use Henig for diamonds, they are online & on the phone, based in hatton garden but i get them posted to me, good luck!

I use RM Weare for diamonds, (Mr Bond recommended them to me) they are fabulous, and very patient and helpful even with relatively teeny weeny orders 01904 693933

Thanks Ladies! Have looked into both, RM Weare seems probably the best option though I've applied for trade account with Henig too. Have a lovely weekend! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by asterlingidea View Post
    Hey Cookies,

Wondered if any of you could suggest some good places to buy diamonds (conflict free/ethical preferred) in the UK? I use Wards for most of my gemstone needs and have in the past used them for diamonds also, but wondered if there might be a better/purse friendlier option out there? I live in Scotland, so online/telephone companies only please as I don't have access to Hatton Garden/Jewellery Quarter on my doorstep :-) Any info much appreciated.

Warmest wishes,

Hannah

After receiving a small inheritance I'd got it in my head I wanted to buy my granddaughters a diamond for them to choose how they wanted it set in later life. I was thinking about half a carot each but after researching as much as I could about diamonds realised I might make a big mistake due to my lack of knowledge so thought blow it I'll get them some premium bonds instead lol

They've won £50 so far the youngest says she wants a magnifying glass to look at bugs lol The eldest wants swimming lessons, so think I made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn.D View Post
    After receiving a small inheritance I'd got it in my head I wanted to buy my granddaughters a diamond for them to choose how they wanted it set in later life.
    Great, but doesn't really assist the OP, does it?

As mentioned, I usually use R M Weare, as well as Worldshiner and occasionally Clark Diamonds. Pricing is pretty much fixed by Rapaport, although there's some wriggle room. If people start talking about Blue Nile as a source, my temptation would be to let them source it themselves - and they can deal with the problems too (google for examples). Yes, it'll be cheaper - but there's far too many reports of people being not-unreasonably disappointed by what arrives.

As far as conflict-free goes, I don't think you'll find any UK sellers offering blood diamonds. If it's of interest, I've got a small quantity of smallish CVD (lab grown) diamonds I need to get rid of that I posted on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Great, but doesn't really assist the OP, does it?

As mentioned, I usually use R M Weare, as well as Worldshiner and occasionally Clark Diamonds. Pricing is pretty much fixed by Rapaport, although there's some wriggle room. If people start talking about Blue Nile as a source, my temptation would be to let them source it themselves - and they can deal with the problems too (google for examples). Yes, it'll be cheaper - but there's far too many reports of people being not-unreasonably disappointed by what arrives.

As far as conflict-free goes, I don't think you'll find any UK sellers offering blood diamonds. If it's of interest, I've got a small quantity of smallish CVD (lab grown) diamonds I need to get rid of that I posted on FB.

Apologies, after reading posts I tend to type whatever rubbish comes into my head at the time, however, I will refrain from doing so in the future.

No harm done - threads do veer off-topic at times, but it's preferable by far to keep them on course.

I can't recommend anyone specifically in the UK as I'm US based, but if you don't mind shipping from North America I can definitely recommend a half dozen or so. These guys have done some diamond store reviews but they look to be US based.. Maybe you can email them and ask if they have any UK-based recommendations?

I have also used RM Weare in the past and had a positive experience with them.