Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used bezel setting/claw closing stake tools?

With difficult settings I find setting them in Thermo-loc is very useful, much less expensive than a apprentice

Thank you everyone I think I will steer clear for now then and maybe get the cheapy ones if i decide to give them a go. I set by hand currently but im doing a lot of bezel setting at the moment so wondered if it would make life easier! I just use a pusher & curved burnisher at the mo. Can anyone recommend a hammer action handpiece for a foredom pendant motor? I think that will need to be saved up for!

This is the handpiece I use http://www.foredom.net/h15.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    With difficult settings I find setting them in Thermo-loc is very useful, much less expensive than a apprentice
    Personally, I'd still need something to hold the Thermoloc that's holding the bezel. That's where a vice or Benchmate comes in handy.

I agree I have a small cheapy vice that I have the Thermo-loc on, I am in the process of making a small engravers ball will use that when finished, I will be able to make any attachment required

You could aways try making your own (just one to get the feel shouldn't take too much time). Then see if you like them and go from there.

http://hansmeevis.blogspot.ca/2015/0...nd-stones.html (theres a brief explanation on making them at the beginning.)
    - Emily