Thread: Looks interesting but is it real?

Question Looks interesting but is it real?

Apparently with this device (They called it a 3d printing machine), you can make professional grade designs. Then if a client likes it, you simply forward the design to the maker of the jewelry (Or if you are a real boss and can do it yourself) and that's that. Has anyone tried one of these machines?

Seems like something the Terminator was made in. I already have tons of other heavy equipment in my shop. The last thing I need is another expensive gimmick. If you have any info on this, love to hear about it. Love to get it for my son though, he's been helping me out a lot and is getting into making custom jewelry with me.

Its real, the cost of printers has really come down, the tricky but is getting a resin you can cast well they are getting better all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Its real, the cost of printers has really come down, the tricky but is getting a resin you can cast well they are getting better all the time though.
    Thanks for your reply Josef1. Wow great to know. I'm an old fashioned jewelry maker but I will definitely look into this for my kid. Hopefully they'll have some kind of Summer sale . Cheers!

Mine should hopefully arrive in the next fortnight. Not really that new, rapid prototyping has been used in other areas for decades.
    Wouldn't wait for a Summer sale though...

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Mine should hopefully arrive in the next fortnight. Not really that new, rapid prototyping has been used in other areas for decades.
    Wouldn't wait for a Summer sale though...
    That's great. Please share what you make on these printing machines with the community here. Thx!