Thread: Hello From Watford

Default Hello From Watford

Hi

Thought I would say hello to everyone and give a little info about me and why I have joined

I suppose my crafting started in earnest last year (Marchish) I first started making lampwork beads. After buying a Kiln for Annealing my beads I decided to ensure the kiln did more than I wanted ....Just in case.

I moved on to having a play with Fusing Glass (you may spot a bit of a pattern here of what material I like using )

I have always liked the look of enamels and decided to try Cold Enameling. I liked the finish but not too sure about all the resins and hardeners etc. So have taken the plung and bought a Vitreous Enamel starter kit (Admittedly from WG Ball as this was a complete Vitreous Starter Kit).

So basically I have joined here to try and find more info, guides and help

Cheers

R

Welcome Richard - we've met elsewhere through glassworking. I think you'll find this a great place for info and advice. I'd love to see how you get on with enamelling - that's another one on my list, but I already have too many projects and not enough time...
    Alan

Hi Alan. Yes we met on Frit Happens. I received the starter kit today so will have a go at the weekend trying both torch and kiln firing. Gonna try and keep it simple as see what interesting effects I can achieve with on purpose or accidentally

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk