Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milbro cable replacement

At the motor end of the cable, it screws in SO First unscrew the small grub screws and remove the flexible connector, Next unscrew the four screws on the casing. As seen in the attached photo, this reveals the connection. There is a hole in the shaft to insert a thin rod so you can unscrew the cable. Unscrew the cable and replace it. do not over-tighten the casing as it can crack. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MilbroCable.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	10381

That's useful information to have. Thanks.
    How do you find it working with the Milbro, and is yours the 12000rpm version or the 18000?
    Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Thanks. I have further bad news however. It is not possible to fit this cable yourself. I phoned Milnes Bros in Croydon who make the motor asking their advice. They told me that the end fitting needs to be unsoldered, threaded through and resoldered preferably by them. It is a repair so I have sent the cable and fixed sleeve to Milnes. The Milbro 1200rpm is very good, though I will be a bit more careful with the cable in future. I think I had it in a fixed position to fit a polishing mop and accidentally stood on the foot pedal. That weakened the cable and it snapped. Milnes told me that you should not take off the nose cone as it has to be perfectly aligned before the cable unit is fitted to it and grub screws tightened.