Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition May 2016 - Gold

Default Theme Competition May 2016 - Gold

Hello all,

May has arrived which means it's also time for Cooksongold's Golden Ticket Event!

...so to run alongside this exciting promotion, what better theme for this month's forum competition than GOLD. Your design doesn't necessarily have to be made using gold, you can interpret the theme however you wish - so feel free to use gold coloured gemstones or gold plated chain and findings in your piece to add that golden touch. The choice is yours!

The winner will get a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree - just submit your design on this thread by midnight, 31st May to enter.

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight GMT 31.05.16.

The judging will take place on 01.06.16. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 03.06.16. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the value of £100 excluding VAT) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner notification email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the value of £100 (excluding VAT), the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for it to be included in any marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw, and for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery associated with this competition is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals Ltd reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals Ltd, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

I'm jumping in quick with this one, as I'm usually too embarrassed to post my humble offering once I've seen everyone elses!
    A pair of cufflinks made for my husband, textured using the ribbon behind them in the rolling mill and embellished with 23.5c gold foil, my first go at keum boo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195 (2).jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	8911

Another one here who's usually far too introverted to show you guys anything, but here we go
    Not the most exciting, but it meant the world to the customer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.  Keira & Cailan CROPPED 18ct Gold Fingerprint Pendant June 2015 Heart Style 2 upres Irfan Vie.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	8912
    Brother and sister fingerprint necklace cast in 18ct gold, set with an aquamarine and engraved with their names on the back. Aabout the size of a 50 pence piece.
    This one was a pressie for Grandma in Africa

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    I'm jumping in quick with this one, as I'm usually too embarrassed to post my humble offering once I've seen everyone elses!
    A pair of cufflinks made for my husband, textured using the ribbon behind them in the rolling mill and embellished with 23.5c gold foil, my first go at keum boo.

These are gorgeous Joella Wish I could convince my hubby to wear cufflinks - far too scruffy lol.

Thanks lucie,
    Actually my husband doesn't wear cufflinks as often as he used to, only about a couple of times a year or so now, but my son who's 21 just loves to wear them - but he goes to lots of formal do's, mostly sporting ones.
    I love your heart, its so sweet and I'm sure the grandma will treasure it.

Hi everyone,

We are now nearly a week into our competition! We can't wait to see what you all have in store...

Good luck all

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post

They look very classy joella, understated yet very attractive and interesting. I'm too scared to go anywhere near a bit of gold yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Another one here who's usually far too introverted to show you guys anything, but here we go
    Not the most exciting, but it meant the world to the customer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.  Keira & Cailan CROPPED 18ct Gold Fingerprint Pendant June 2015 Heart Style 2 upres Irfan Vie.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	8912
    Brother and sister fingerprint necklace cast in 18ct gold, set with an aquamarine and engraved with their names on the back. Aabout the size of a 50 pence piece.
    This one was a pressie for Grandma in Africa
    The aquamarine really sets it off, the Grandma will treasure it forever, I know I would.

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your kind comments. I was lucky enough to be able to buy the gold foil for a couple of pounds a square cm from someone, rather than buying a whole leaf for about £82 ish, thus making it affordable to have a play around with a bit. I don't think I would have been brave enough if I'd had to commit so much financially. It was great fun, and I cant wait to have another go at Keum Boo with a little bit more gold foil. Like you I'm too scared to go anywhere near any gold sheet yet - its so expensive, I cant bear the thought of a melty mess or even just a not terribly well executed piece of jewellery made from something at such a high cost. Though I did use a tiny bit of thin gold wire a while back, balled up the ends and riveted into an item just to add a little bit of gold decoration. I'm itching to make a gold ring from a more substantial bit of wire, or an item such as pendant or earrings from sheet - but the cost feels just too high for me just now, as I don't feel I can be trusted with something so valuable yet!

I love the sentiment behind Lucie's pretty and charming piece.

Hi all,

It's halfway through our 'GOLD' themed competition! We are looking forward to seeing more gold themed entries over the next couple of weeks

Best of luck everyone!

Jen