Thread: Where to find someone who.....

Default Where to find someone who.....

Can replace findings on a few pieces of jewellery I bought recently, I'm just not happy with the one's they came with, I have ordered replacements.

Depends on what you're looking for - can you be more specific?

Thanks for replying Peter.....I want to replace the jump ring and bail, I bought these silver coffee beans reduced, I'm guessing because the jump rings don't look very secure, so they need replacing.

Certainly feasible, but I'd hazard a guess that if it's mass produced commercial stuff then it there's a good chance it won't be financially viable to modify them. What sort of retail price are you looking at for these?
    Are they plated?

And please inform how many is 'a few'?

In honesty Jan, if you can hold two pairs of pliers, you can do this yourself. Opening and closing a jump ring is one of the most basic skills at even the beginneriest of beginner levels. There are lots of tutorials on youtube and elsewhere and it's very straightforward. Just make sure the replacement rings you've ordered are a decent weight and not too small, or they'll be no better than the originals.

George I wish I could it would be great I'd love to learn, I am planning to attend a day course here in Cheshire, but my expectations are not great due to an eye disorder, I do struggle to see small, but I will give it a go after I've attended a course. In the meantime I would like to make these coffee beans look better than they do, the jump ring spoils them. I bought from one of my suppliers who provides good quality silver jewellery, they are 925 silver and I only have 5. I won't retail them at a high price, I'm happy sometimes to just break even, it is a hobby business, I'm retired now from Nursing and Midwifery. Coffee beans although not trending at the moment are still liked by many, I'll put them on a good quality sterling silver chain.
    Thanks for your response.

Jan - I've sent you a private message

Morning, it depends on what sort of eye disorder. I had cataracts removed 6 years ago and got an infection in behind the eye on one, so had to have the eye removed so I struggle to see, well, thats not quite correct, mine is a distance problem, not sure how far things are away from me. I normally use two pairs of glasses, one on top of the other, I have tried various optical devices but not got on with any of them. I am lucky in so much that the eye I have got had the cataract removed first, but I have a few floaters that i am too scared to have removed. Its surprising what you can do with just feel too, give it a go, but I would say you would need more than one day training, I only had ten evenings, but You Tube is wonderful, Sioham Harrison is good at explaining.