Thread: Greetings from East Anglia

Default Greetings from East Anglia

Hi everyone. I've been meaning to introduce myself for sometime but between turning my car into a boat, replacing it, procrastinating etc, life, as they say, got in the way, look forward to becoming a part of the cookie collective and one day knowing a thing or two worth passing on, I'm bored now
    Consistently inconsistent

Welcome from a sunny North Norfolk!

Quote Originally Posted by vsilvered View Post
    Welcome from a sunny North Norfolk!
    Thanks its been lovely to get in the garden, even weeding was enjoyable lol. ps I'm more South Norfolk, tho don't hold it against me

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been meaning to introduce myself for sometime but between turning my car into a boat ...
    Hi Mika

My dad did that when I was a kid ... we parked on the beach when the tide was out and went off sailing ...

Hi Metalsmith. Oops, Is it bad etiquette if I laugh (if it is I apologise lol) mine was a deep ford ps I hope no one was in it as she set sail !

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Hi Metalsmith. Oops, Is it bad etiquette if I laugh (if it is I apologise lol) mine was a deep ford ps I hope no one was in it as she set sail !
    When we returned, it was in too deep and starting to take off; luckily we attracted the help of a passing tractor who towed it out as starting it would have killed it. That was in the day, you dried things off and got on with life instead of sending it to the scrapper and claiming on the insurance like they seem to do these days. But I'm showing my age!

Did you manage to clear the ford?

Funny you should say that as when I went back 5 days later to see if I could salvage anything (had removed an dried air filter) on fitting it, it started ! But sounded a bit not very well lol, plus living out in the sticks I had to move fast with a replacement so now parked up an I'll check it out replace oil plugs etc an sonor daughter can have it as a starter motor (pun intended lol) sorry to waffle on, ps im a huge believer in "make do and mend" an fashion/custom many of my own tools, anyway good to chat an will no doubt pick your brain sometime re metalsmithing