Thread: Micromesh Question

Default Micromesh Question

I've been looking up on the forum at all the discussions on getting a high shine on silver, (which i'm attempting to do, but still getting little scratches), and i saw that quite a few of you recommend Micromesh.
    Could you explain how you use it? Do you use the micro mesh foam pads, or the squares of fabric micromesh? Do you glue it to sticks, or just use them with your hand? I'm keen to have a go with this, but not sure which ones to buy.

This question deserves a longer answer, because, silver arrives scratch free and then picks up grit from your work area, bench peg and fingers. So the first thing is to guard against that with medium tack masking tape on vulnerable areas as you work.

I prefer the MicroMesh with a fabric backing, because it can be tacked to wooden stirrers and sticks with roller adhesive and then shaped with a craft knife.That said, those dark grey emery boards form Boots and Superdrug are more convenient for shaping.

MicroMesh works best on completely flat surfaces. Once a clear run is interrupted by raised details, the effect becomes uneven. So also consider Radial Disks which are more appropriate for detailed surfaces. Dennis.

Perfect. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micromesh is also good for polishing the high spots when patinating with liver of sulphur.