Thread: Aquaflame/Microweld torch questions

Default Aquaflame/Microweld torch questions

Hi,

For those Aquaflame (or Microweld) torch users out there:

1. What model are you using?
    2. How often do you top up the M.E.K (booster) solution and Distilled water?
    3. Are you able to use the system consistently in your daily work, (i.e. routine soldering, plus melting scrap, casting etc) or do you use other torches as well?

Many thanks,

1. microweld
    2. i don't use mine a lot so M.E.K just gets changed less than it should. even after 6 months in the booster it still seems to do it's job. same with the water, just top up as it's used. don't run large tips or two torches so does not seem to get through that much water.
    3. only good for small jobs, great for jumps rings, a standard machine would not provide enough heat to melt scrap or casting, you need a much larger source of heat to do than. you get a high temp in a small flame so something bigger than a ring and i'd expect to have trouble getting it hot enough to solder.

4. Microweld (small things), cooks torch (medium and quick jobs), oxycon and propane with littletorch (larger bits and melting), big un-named torch for big things (not used at bench)

neil
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by WitchfordSilver View Post
    1. microweld
    2. i don't use mine a lot so M.E.K just gets changed less than it should. even after 6 months in the booster it still seems to do it's job. same with the water, just top up as it's used. don't run large tips or two torches so does not seem to get through that much water.
    3. only good for small jobs, great for jumps rings, a standard machine would not provide enough heat to melt scrap or casting, you need a much larger source of heat to do than. you get a high temp in a small flame so something bigger than a ring and i'd expect to have trouble getting it hot enough to solder.

4. Microweld (small things), cooks torch (medium and quick jobs), oxycon and propane with littletorch (larger bits and melting), big un-named torch for big things (not used at bench)
    Thank you so much Neil for this information. It was invaluable!