Thread: silly question, but I was just wondering

Default silly question, but I was just wondering

I was just wondering if anyone has made a shoulder necklace, (not sure if that's what theyre called, but the ones that sit over the shoulder). I'm not thinking of making one ........ not for now anyway, but never say never. But I was looking at them and just musing on what does one use to hang it on to get it the right size and to fall in the right place on the shoulder, as most mannequins and necklace mandrels seem to stop just before the shoulder. Do people just guess? I'm probably being dim....as usual.

Yes, a shoulder necklace it is, as seen here:https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/shoulder_necklace

You find someone who does dress making and borrow this:http://sewing-online.com/equipment/d...FZEy0wodIpACkQ

Put some clothes on it and find something cheap like string, or wire to work on the design, before committing. Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I had foolishly thought that you would need something at the round of the shoulder/top of arm. I feel rather silly now!

Not foolish at all, but if you put a long sleeved top or jacket on the dummy, it will supply the shoulders. I have also noticed that Cookson have some less expensive display stands that might just do. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    ... I feel rather silly now!
    There's no such thing as a silly question, except the question never asked...