Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new bench lamp

Default My new bench lamp

I used last month's competition prize money to order a new bench lamp as my old one had died.
    Phoned and ordered the nice looking professional LED bench light from Cookson on Monday and paid for next day delivery via DHL.

Checked the track and trace online and saw that it was out for delivery just after 10am. this morning so I waited in and a parcel was delivered by DHL at 3.30pm.

The trouble is that the parcel was just a Jiffy bag and when I opened it there was a plastic drawing template inside along with an invoice for the LED lamp. Obviously someone at Cookson cannot read.

When I phoned Cookson, they apologised but couldn't explain what had happened and just said that they would look into it and send out another delivery when they have sorted it out. Perhaps someone who ordered a £7 plastic template got a nice surprise today when they got a £95 light delivered instead.

So now I will have to wait in for another delivery another day.

Hey ho.

I'm still waiting for one of their 'new' hammers ordered from the new catalogue in early March. Due delivery date was 29th March and I'm still waiting, everything else that was destined to arrive on that date arrived separately, a few metres of chain in one Jiffy bag, some wire in another. Ho hum

I had a ring triblet arrive poking out of its packaging by about 2 inches, but not damaged. I think it had been dropped as it had been inside a plastic container that was broken and still inside the packaging, and the corner of the packaging was all crumpled in.

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    I had a ring triblet arrive poking out of its packaging by about 2 inches, but not damaged. I think it had been dropped as it had been inside a plastic container that was broken and still inside the packaging, and the corner of the packaging was all crumpled in.
    Probably just the posties playing dodge-ball

I bought a great LED light with magnifying glass from Aldi for 20 quid a few months ago and a Bench Vice with swivel action for £7.99! I was made up and they do a great job for my needs lol

Oops!
    Got a mistake in my order this week too and not worth posting back from France, wonder if they have a new staff member?
    Its unusual that they make mistakes with me thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn.D View Post
    I bought a great LED light with magnifying glass from Aldi for 20 quid a few months ago and a Bench Vice with swivel action for £7.99! I was made up and they do a great job for my needs lol
    Aldi is the go to for bargain tools, I got the swivel vice a while back and a digital micrometer

My lovely new bench light arrived this afternoon, thanks Cooksongold! it's almost an identical size of my old one but much smarter and brighter light, it also has a dimmer switch.

I shall be able to return to my piercing jobs tomorrow.

James

Glad you got what you wanted in the end James and if your daughter ever gets sick of that beautiful egg .........

yay! It arrived! I always forget that when I turn it on it defaults to mid-brightness. Makes me worry about my eyesight at least once a day