Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a new bench light

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

I am with enigma on this - I have a cheap Anglepoise style lamp with a 60 watt daylight incandescent bulb - suits me fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

I've got two of these, one table lamp and one floor lamp - http://www.co-operativeindependentli...able-lamps-c67 - and reckon they're a great light to work under.
    Alan

I have a light like that James, it is quite bright but not good if you want to match stones as it's a fluorescent type colour.

Love my lamp still. I have daylight strip lights and have gone through loads of bench lights but this one is my favourite. Slightly OT but have since changed all our home bulbs to LED and they are also excellent!
    ETA it is a cool bright white daylight balanced light - do not have any problems with colours etc at all.
    Last edited by LydiaNiz; 08-04-2016 at 07:38 PM.

I only use the light during the day as my bench is under a big window but the room faces north so the light isn't good. I have the one shown and two desk lamps with normal bulbs in and it seems to work. All packed up now and having withdrawal symptoms, don't move until 11th, house let out to a tenant for last 10 years, and he left it so trashed that we have had to gut it, new kitchen, bathroom and every room has to be painted. Nearly there though at least now it's clean. Half a black bin bag of grease and spilt food from under the cooker and fridge. Yuk!