Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallmarking costs...

The chart is amazing thank you so so so much!

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    Talking of charts, I much prefer them.
    Attachment 8843

This tells me that costs per item go up rapidly before 8 and that after 12 there is a relative flattening off.

Items on the x-axis; costs on the y
    Meh. I was being quick - v2 might have that. Strangely, my latest packet has cost me less than anticipated - not by much, but I'm scratching my head as to why at the moment.

First thing I did when I registered with LAO was to make myself a spreadsheet similar to yours Peter - definitely helps get my head around the prices... The chart is a great addition for a quick visual reference.
    Alan

I showed my last bill to my accountants and they couldn't understand it either.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I had to send in a single ring for hallmarking as it's a silver wedding band for a customer and just over the 7.78g. So expensive just to get one piece done! This is why I only hallmark when absolutely necessary now.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I've just cobbled together a spreadsheet for London's charges, assuming nothing untoward; copy & paste doesn't do the greatest job (and HTML is disabled, so I can't work around it that way) so I've put it on Google Drive as the quickest solution.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1O...ew?usp=sharing

Anyone sees any mistakes on it LMK, please.

Can I check, when going for over night or same day is the 50% / 100% applies to the whole bill or just the inital packet fee i.e. if it was 1-2 items (£12) it wuld add £6 or £12?

kind regards,

still horribly confused,

Sarah

It's a while since I last used it, so IIRC it's everything except postage. Disclaimer: Conjecture!

Brilliant chart and answers a lot of confusing questions for me too! I was wondering what the optimum packet size was too.. If you don't make much stock in a month it's more likely you have to send items in low numbers.

To my mind the option is to mark everything and add £2 for the privilege or pay more per item and only mark key pieces but still add on £2 to your sale price of "everything"...

Im sure it depends who you sell to and where you sell as to whether it's cost effective or if it adds sufficient value and perception to your pieces..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk