Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me again :D who do you send your lemel to?

Default Me again :D who do you send your lemel to?

Just wanting recommendations, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the answers to this one too. Got loads but no-one seems to want it unless I pay to have it made into a bar then they'll buy that from me. For the amount I've got I'd end up with just £20 for £70 worth silver =(
    Sian Williamson

It's not worth £70... It only has any value once it has been processed and the processing fees need to come off the value of the processed metal.

Pity the poor sods who end up with my next batch - broken sawblades, vacuum cleaner bags, baby wipes, polishing sweeps, sludge from the ultrasonic...

Cooksons have a recycling service; not sure how happy they'd be with the rubbish I just described though. Presman Mastermelt might like it rather more.

Sounds like mine Peter! I will try them, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The London Assay office does a scrap melt and assay service, up to 9kg scrap melted into a bar for £35, not sure what they charge for lemel as that has to be cleaned before melting.

James

I always use Cooksons scrap service. Never had any problems with it, though I only ever put silver in. I usually recycle my own gold as I use so little of it.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I always use Cooksons scrap service. Never had any problems with it, though I only ever put silver in. I usually recycle my own gold as I use so little of it.
    What do Cookson charge for processing the lemel and scrap Carole?, I have looked through their website and cannot find any costs.

I use a lot of mine in casting but when I have excess Ive sent it to Cooksons.
    the silver prices aren't great but gold is ok and 18ct is well worth it.
    My scrap is pretty clean but I think its all the same price?

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    It's not worth £70... It only has any value once it has been processed and the processing fees need to come off the value of the processed metal.
    Ahhh, thanks for clarifying that Peter. Seems using a weight calculator is not the way to do it =)
    Sian Williamson

Where there's muck, there's brass... But getting the brass out of the muck has always cost.

If you're happy to pay the processing fees separately then you can have the full value of the recovered metal