Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really, really great UK jeweller for micropave

Just whilst we're talking about the superior quality of the US Jewelers, I note some texturing on the inside of the shank that would definitely be seen as undesireable (but maybe it's the stamp!). Beyond that, the lack of clean lines at the bottom of the shank and rippled pattern hints at the use of photo-editing techniques. I know, that is done here too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	8764
    Last edited by metalsmith; 08-03-2016 at 06:43 PM.

There are more than plenty of workers in the UK capable of doing the work, the problem is the time needed to be spent on all the details that you wish for....time being expensive.
    If you are going to be worrying about how long it`ll take & the price, then that`s where the problems start...if you are adamant that you must have perfection then be prepared to wait & pay for the time honoured work as opposed to abit quicker reasonably priced versions.

Many thanks for all the helpful replies. For the avoidance of doubt, I was not suggesting that UK jewellers were not capable of doing it, but I hadn't seen any examples of the sort of thing I was looking for, hence asking for a recommendation.

I will definitely take a look at The Goldsmith's Company website but I think as a few posters have suggested I will end up biting the bullet and just sending my stone to LA and having it set there.

Thanks again.

Do let us know what happens & good luck.
    Just to add, platinum would be advisable material for that kind of work.

If I was a English subject (well technically I am) I would seek some one local to do the work rather than go overseas, I am sure there are plenty of people in the UK who could do that I know in Australia there are, I am currently receiving instruction on how to complete this sort of work