Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition March 2016 - Easter

PS - Adding a pic to show the parts a bit better than the pics above - and the contrast in finish: nest (upside down here) is evenly dark blue-black; branch is steely-silver, patchy, darker in the grooves of the "bark"; eggs are polished; oak base is treated with a little Danish Oil. At the moment, the nest just holds onto the branch with a little loop of wire and the eggs are loose in the nest - I'm considering how to fix it all together more securely...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nest4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	8819

I was wanting to step away from bunnies and chicks and things (a thorny issue), so thinking to the Christian (I'm not) Easter and the crucifixion, my entry is a bloodstone (heliotrope) & sterling silver belt buckle, together with hand-stitched bridle leather belt.

Name:	24607484400_ece3490b3f_b.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	8821

Name:	25998734602_dac32eac7f_b.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	8822

Hi everyone,

Make sure you submit your entry soon if you haven't already - this themed competition must end on Thursday

Good luck to all!

Jen

Just noticed this!
    Beautiful James - as usual.Your work is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I will start the ball rolling with this little pendant egg I made for my daughter.

Attachment 8768

James

Really annoyed, the bits I needed for my planned Easter design are on backorder and I've been waiting over two weeks

So, I'm going to enter my butterfly wings instead as butterflies are a Christian symbol for rebirth, which is what Easter is all about. They symbolize the 'death' of the original being (caterpillar) in the tomb (crysalis) and 'rebirth' emerging as a stronger and more beautiful being than they were before. Also often used as a symbol for the 'rebirth' of people turning to Christianity.

Again a bad photo but hey ho!

Name:	IMG_20160330_1345192_rewind-59426551.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	8827

I happened to be working on a crucifix this month, but sadly not ready. Good luck all, some lovely pieces!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sending in your entries to our Easter themed monthly competition!

I am happy to announce the winner of the March competition is Goldsmith with the following entry:

Name:	MARCH.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	8829

We thought this design fitted in with the Easter themed perfectly, and loved the colour combinations used. Well done!

Please email competitions@cooksongold.com with your contact details and Cooksongold account number so we can arrange for your prize to be sorted.

Congratulations again!

Quote Originally Posted by jengreenwood View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for sending in your entries to our Easter themed monthly competition!

I am happy to announce the winner of the March competition is Goldsmith with the following entry:

Name:	MARCH.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	8829

Fit for a queen, it was a clear winner from the outset.

Anyone finding themselves shocked might just need to get themselves checked over for early signs of delusion.

Congratulations

Nice one James - well deserved winner!
    Alan

Well done Goldsmith, absolutely stunning pendant!