Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When a customers ring doesn't fit???

I have a re-sizing option for my non-bespoke rings. Because they're all personalised, they're not refundable so I just get them to return them and then make another for a small fee. That way I get to keep the original ring for re-selling and everyone's happy. For bespoke rings, I would always make sure the customer has given the correct size. Those flexible ring sizers wouldn't help for a wide ring.

Ive made about forty 10mm wide rings using the flexible sizers to size and not had a problem yet.
    I just make it so the centre of the ring sits on the size given on the mandrel

yup, I also use the flexible sizers, if it's for a wide ring I ask that the customer measure on the fleshiest part of the finger joint, and have no problems. Having said that, for the first time I have just sent a model of a ring out as it for a whopper, that tapers at the back, and is an expensive make, so wanted to be sure it was correct (the stone in it is soft, so I don't want to have to reset it once in).
    If a custom piece was not fitting, I would take it on the chin and redo - if it was a very tricky job and the size was way out, then I might ask for a contributory fee.