Can someone please advise me as I'm having no success at all getting the solder to run when soldering the joint on a 7mm x 2.5mm ring using medium solder.
So far I've tried remaking the joint to ensure it is a tight fit.
Between each soldering attempt I've cleaned up the ring using a small pink sanding disc, wire wool and ultrasonic cleaning.
I've also put the strip of solder in the ultrasonic cleaner in case it is dirty.
I've tried using both easy-flo flux paste and Klein liquid flux.
I've supported the ring in tweezers, lay it on a soldering brick and also on a charcoal block.
I was initially using a small butane hand torch but in case it wasn't getting enough heat into the ring I bought a propane cylinder so that I could setup the Sievert soldering torch that I'd previously bought.
With every attempt I've made the solder just sits on the joint andwon't run, it doesn't even all up, so the ring makes yet another visit to the pickle pot before cleaning it again. I'm heating up the sides of the ring and/or the underside of the joint but nothing seems to work and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
If anyone can give meant tips I'd be very grateful because I'm running out of ideas.
Thanks