Hi, I've been lurking a bit on the site and thought it was about time I joined and tried my hand at proper jewellery.

I'm on the coast and have found a nice supply of sea glass I want to do things with. Sadly it's not the gorgeous fat rounded pebble type, more the angular rough stuff but it just means you have to be a bit more imaginative with what you can do with it I guess. Also keen to look at shell work and other sea related projects. I've tried soft soldering round pieces of glass using copper tape and solder but I understand it's not good for use against the skin (although it has 3% silver in it). So I thought I'd try my hand at proper silver work - well that's the plan in the long term! I'm also doing a bit of wire wrapping of them with silver plated wire. That's going ok so far.

Got myself a Dremel Versatorch and lots of sea glass... oh and I've got a craft market booked in three weeks! Although I do other crafts too so it's not like I have to have lots done of new jewellery done in that time!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jen