Thread: Hello from yorkshire

Default Hello from yorkshire

Hi my name is John.
    Been reading the forum for several months and thought I best say hello and a big thank you to every one I lernt enough by reading the forum to make a valintine present for my better half the heart is made of 3*1mm sheet and the bezel setting is .3mm sterling on a .5 mm backing and a black onyx stone and 6 soldered joints I can see lots of faults with it but as my first piece of jewellery I am so happy with it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160216_205434.jpg  

Welcome! It's pretty! Reminds me of a crown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's your first piece, John, you should be very proud of it - nice design and pretty well executed, though there are some visible gaps between bezel and stone that you might still be able to tidy up. You should post it in the monthly competition - perfect for the Feb/Valentine brief. Out of interest, is the bail a ready-made item, or did you make that as well? I think it might look better on a plain jump ring, but that's just my personal taste - I love the simplicity and clean lines of the heart-shaped frame and the bail seems to detract a bit from it.
    Alan

Welcome! I wish I was churning out stuff that good!

The bail was bought never thought of just a jump ring as regards to the bezel the more I tried to work on it the worse it got.

Hi John, welcome to the forum. It's a great first piece.

Hi John welcome from me too
    I think the bail is a bit of an elongated heart and works well. You might just manage to go round the setting with a burnisher to close the gaps. Pretty good for a first attempt though well done!