Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing!

Default Pricing!

Could you tell me what you would charge for these items? I've been selling them and getting orders but I wanted opinions from people who actually are in the trade I want to work towards full self employment one day and need to know if I'm charging too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might need a little more detail - what stones, metals (assuming silver?), are they hallmarked etc.

Sorry yes they are silver, no hallmarks as all under weight. Bottom ring 4mm stones, peridot pink tourmaline & Aqua. Stacking ring turquoise, amethyst moonstone and a 1pt dia.

As a general rule, if they are selling they are not over priced but might be underpriced which is what most beginners do. Pricing and shipping are the twin nightmares of being in business
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Yes that is possible, I'm fine with shipping and am getting to grips with pricing more so over the last few years since business has picked up a lot! I just wanted to see what you guys think being in the industry, I won't be offended either way I just would like opinions to compare etsy is a minefield! Consequently I get almost no sales on there!

I have no experience of etsy but looking at your rings, the one on the left that has several stones in doesn't correspond with the price. In the write-up you say it is 9ct good for £220? And the options for gold on the pulldown menu is £320? The £220 price is for sterling not gold.

I definitely put the right prices for the right metals but I think etsy puts the cheapest option as the main one, the one pictured is 9ct but I have a silver option

I've changed the title now incase people get confused!

I was thinking that people may expect you to drop the price as advertised so you would lose £100.

If you search pricing formula on here, Peter's formula is the one I use (with the od tweak). Do you only hallmark heavy/silver gold? (Being nosy as my recent charges have seemed eye-waeringly high and considering only marking overweight/gold now. I registered as self-employed the day after my first sale - I thought you had to if you took income from it.