Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pricing!

Ok great thanks I will have a look at that, we were taught a formula at uni too but I can't remember it! I may have it in a notebook somewhere.

I mostly work in silver as that's what people tend to order from me, I'll only hallmark that if it's overweight, most of the gold items I make are overweight anyway but one thing I made recently was underweight, just. I have advertised it at a price to include hallmarking costs but I've had an order from it and he asked if the price could be reduced, so I gave him the option of not having the hallmark.

I registered as self employed 2 years ago when I started to get more orders than just from friends and family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    If you search pricing formula on here, Peter's formula is the one I use (with the od tweak).
    Not mine, I just use it There are others, but consistency is important. When I burble about cost of sales (wholesale vs retail), it's important to recognise that time spent selling costs you - as an example, the other week I agreed to meet a customer at a specified time & place to deliver their commission. Waited around an hour, they didn't show and I needed to make other arrangements for delivery. That meant the cost of sales went well over what had been factored into the price and in effect it's being sold at a loss on the wholesale price. That is an exception, but it happens occasionally.

What's an od tweak? Anything like an Ood tweak?

As for hallmarking costs on silver - I'm budgeting about £6 per piece (incl. postage both ways, VAT et al) for small batches; consequently, for stock silver pieces under the weight I no longer bother.

That formula, yes :-)
    An od tweak is somewhere between Ood and odd, depending on sausageness of finger ;-)

Isn't an ood tweak when your tentacles twitch because your own has got tangled up?