Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition February 2016 - Love and Romance

Hi everyone,

There's only a couple of weeks left to go in this month's themed competition - we are looking forward to seeing your entries!

Good luck

thank you - my son kindly mentioned (upon seeing me doing an uncharacteristically plain commission) "see mummy, you CAN make stuff that isn't that wonky style you like'. Out of the mouths of babes...My mum still has the ring Alan, luckily she loves it and wears it all the time, I don't mind too much if it's getting plenty of outings :-)

Hi all,

There isn't long to go - only a week left to submit your entries to this month's themed competition

Best of luck!

I've never been a great fan of weddings - I got married once, but with just two friends as witnesses and a couple of 9ct rings bought in a sale at a high street jeweller. My partner now and I, both once married, haven't yet seen any compelling reason to tie the knot - in the words of Joni Mitchell: "We don't need a piece of paper from the City Hall..." However, I respect other people's decision to do it, if that's what they want. The friends who were witnesses for us did their own wedding properly and exchanged Russian-style rings in three interlocking colours of gold. (I was best man and my ex was chief bridesmaid and that's when we got together.) I've always loved that design, something between a Chinese puzzle and an Escher concept. So, my entry for this month is a pair of earrings in silver with mini Russian rings, hammered, organic-looking finish, suspended via fused jump rings from plain and simple ear wires - not the most ambitious of designs, but I'm happy to get something done in time for the competition, being a bit preoccupied at the moment with other things: returning from abroad to our unfinished kitchen refit, aged parents in need of care, unexpected human and canine visitors, etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1602-001a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	8722 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1602-001b.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	8723

Alan

They are nice Alan, love the simplicity. I was married once and vowed never to go there again, but 10 years ago (after spending 11 years on my own) met a lovely chap and got married. We also have friends with dogs, together with our three hounds (one Lab and two Border Terrorists) my daughter who lives close dumps her standard poodle on us from time to time and so does our next door neighbour we have a houseful of dogs.

Hi - my entry for this month.....

These cuff links were a commission. My customer wanted heart shaped cuff links with intertwined initials in copper wire. The initials were to look hand written. They were given as a valentines present, to be worn at their wedding a few weeks later.

The initials are the initials of the couple, but also of their two children.

Name:	RACufflinks.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	8728

My entry is an engagement ring I am particularly proud of as it was quite tricky for me to get my head around how to make it! I asked some advice on here too I got there in the end and think it looks lovely and both the customer and his new fiancée are thrilled with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING! HORRIFIC PHOTOGRAPHY ALERT!!!!!!

I usually get a friend to do photography as I am awful (as you can clearly see ) but I just quickly took some pics in horrible light...

Anyway, VERY BORING pieces and not really comp worthy BUT I promised myself I would enter comps this year, because away from my website nobody ever sees anything!

The only pieces related to love were these.

Inspired by cartoon balloons (yes,really) because there are so many 'flat' hearts around, in classic styles, that I wanted to do something different with that 'flat' heart for a slightly different take on 'classic'.

So, taking the cartoon balloon inspiration, I thought about that little bit added to a cartoon balloon to make it look 'round' and full. So I translated that to adding the 'little bit' to the hearts to show them being filled, and they are made full with something precious - 9ct gold. So, as corny as it is, the flat hearts have something to fill them!

Bit crap but hey ho!

Oh, and there is only one earring because the other one went ping somewhere. I'm sure I'll find it later!!!!

Necklace, bracelet and the one remaining earring

Name:	necklacecomp.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	8740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braceletcomp.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	8741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earringcomp.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	8742

Please be gentle!!!! And no, not firescale on the pendant, I did panic after the pic, but thankfully it's just my photography

Quote Originally Posted by Unhindered View Post
    My entry is an engagement ring I am particularly proud of as it was quite tricky for me to get my head around how to make it! I asked some advice on here too I got there in the end and think it looks lovely and both the customer and his new fiancée are thrilled with it!
    It looks very well done. You've clearly had a fair bit of practice at stonesetting.

That's definitely not my stone setting unfortunately! I wish it was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk