Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition February 2016 - Love and Romance

Beautiful entries so far. I especially like your moon and hares, Liz - very charming - though if I wanted to be picky I'd have left out the word "love" and let the furry lovers do the talking (but don't take that as a negative, it's just my personal taste). And I love that cuttlefish grain, Christopher - I've got a load of them picked up on the beaches where I live and that's inspiring me to something with them soon. I'm hoping to get something made myself that will be suitable for the competition, but still trying to catch up with all the mundane stuff after being away. Looking forward to seeing what else comes up this month...
    Alan

A similar design to my previous entry but with a Valentine's Day twist, Silver concaved band with two spinning Rose gold heart bands.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	8661
    Last edited by Craigjones; 12-02-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Attachment 8662heres a better image

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    Beautiful entries so far. I especially like your moon and hares, Liz - very charming - though if I wanted to be picky I'd have left out the word "love" and let the furry lovers do the talking (but don't take that as a negative, it's just my personal taste).
    Alan
    Hi Alan, thanks for your comment, I'm glad you like my moon hares ... and I get it about the word 'love' (I was eager to try out my new writing stamps lol) .. I have others with no writing and I can see what you mean. You've given me something to think about! Liz

I'm not much of a romantic, but this is my 'Ode to Love' ring - battered, weathered and beaten but still stong, like real love! Sterling silver with reticulated panels, I mixed drilled balls (wonkier settings!) and a tube setting, not sure it worked, but hey! It has Peruvian Pink Opal said to heal emotions, and be the stone for faithful lovers, ruby for passion, moonstone to boost love, luck and intuition and garnet for devotion and protection. It's a whopper - the opal is 22mm on the longest axis.
    (and thanks Sue, glad it was of use! :-) )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3b.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	8675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BR3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	8676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brb5.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	8677

Love the ring, Lydia - but then I love all your stuff, especially the chunkier, rustic looking pieces. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely pieces from everybody!
    Love that ring Lydia, you always manage to pull off the artisan look, whenever I try it just looks like I made a bad job lol

Georgeous ring Lydia. I think you may have nailed the 'rustic' look.
    I try but always manage to finish them too much, therefore losing the rustic look I so want. I guess it's my nature!

I agree with the other comments, Lydia. Lovely work, though maybe not quite as spectacular as that one you showed recently which, if I remember rightly, your mum appropriated - did you ever get it back? I'm not sure about the word "rustic" - suggests rough and unfinished to me... How about "organic"? I know it's all really inorganic stuff, but it has the look of something that's formed naturally or grown by itself like a living thing. I know what you mean, Theresa, about too much finishing - I sometimes find it hard to let things be the way they want to be and perhaps lose some of the magic by over-finishing.
    Alan

If 'nailed' is the gender neutral of master/mistress, then I agree: the nailed of the informal. Dennis.