Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you listen to

Default What do you listen to

Having a conversation with my wife about the choice of music when I am working. I find if I am forging then something loud and along the lines of heavy rock (Marilyn Manson, Magnum, Early genesis, Early Marillion) However she has noticed that if I listen to My Chemical Romance/ Greenday then I tend to make more mistakes (with resultant blue air) But if I am doing viking knitting the best music to listen to is Simon & Garfunkel (starng but true)

So my question to you all is What do you listen to?

Apologies if this is in the wrong area (please feel free to move)

I listen to my arguing kids and that just make me hammer even more - result very squashed metal not kids

Heheh - I listen to Last.fm stations mostly. Tom Waits station (has plenty of Leonard Cohen), metal covers station... or Fairport Convention.

Classical music when I have to concentrate on something especially young male tenors.

Easy listening for general work: Elton John, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins.

When I'm having a seriously bad day I'll listen to the entire Misplaced Childhood Album by Marillion, it never fails to get me back on track.

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

I'm in too many places at once to listen to music at work but on the way home I've had the same CD in the player since it came out - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - can't beat it with a stick! If only I could remember to change it before I set off ....

Funny session tonight folks - never had so much fun with my clothes on - well actually I haven't got any clothes on - only joking! still got me socks on!

I'll have a pint of what your on! lol

Just wish I had the energy to drink it.

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by ben b View Post
    kalrolo...with the greatest of respect....fairport convention belongs in the beading section.....
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll raise you a surfeit of lampreys ;p

Let's add Boney M and the Animals and Helloween to my making things playlist.

At the moment i am big into Paulo Nutini, he has got such a unique voice love him xxxx

I listen to allsorts when I am making stuff, more dictated by my mood than what I am making, usually fast and noisy keeps me motivated though. I use last.fm, so you can see what I have been listening to here:

http://www.last.fm/user/purplerhian
    Lucinda