Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Ultrasonic do I get?

Default Which Ultrasonic do I get?

I want a decent one and wondered which ones you recommend?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's quite a few threads on ultrasonics, but I found this one useful http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...ght=ultrasonic.
    Jules

Thank you I will have a browse! Tricky to search on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you say decent but I bought a JPL Ultrasonic 7000 for around £35 from a large online store. I use it almost daily and it works very well for small items. Sure its not professional grade but it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by coastjewellery View Post
    I know you say decent but I bought a JPL Ultrasonic 7000 for around £35 from a large online store. I use it almost daily and it works very well for small items. Sure its not professional grade but it does me.
    Yes, I bought one for £35 as well, and it was fine while it worked. The trouble is it worked for 3 months but then went fizz and didn't. Pro ones are probably less susceptible to this problem, though not entirely, I'm sure.

Unlucky, just out of curiosity what do you use as a cleaner, I just put in a drop of washing up liquid, is this a bad thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by coastjewellery View Post
    Unlucky, just out of curiosity what do you use as a cleaner, I just put in a drop of washing up liquid, is this a bad thing ?
    I generally use washing up liquid, yes. An ammonia-based cleaner is probably the most efficient way of cleaning, though. A heating facility on an ultrasonic is very useful to have.

I forgot I had some concentrated amonia until we moved property and couldn't work out what the strange liquid was in the unmarked glass jar. I took a deep snort to see what it was, needless to say I won't do it again !

Hello. I know this is a while ago that you posted, but just wondered which one you went for, because i'm looking to buy one too. I was about to order one from Cooksons yesterday with the sea clean bottle, but then read the review that the sea clean didn't work. Which ultrasonic did you opt for?

I use an Elna with their own ammonia based cleaner. It works really well and I've had it for about 4 years now.