Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help polishing inside tight areas

I'm liking that suggestion James and I'll be implementing it should the occasion arise. Cheers!

Nick

If the gaps are quite thin, you can also thread in string, but it needs to be the kind that does not fray easily. Fix one end, dress it with a compound of your choice, thread it through and move the piece backward an forward. Dennis

Ok I will use 3m micro finishing or polishing paper cut in very fine strips 2 mm to 3 mm depending on the job and mounted it into my saw frame feed it through and use. It is 30 micron and 9 micron I use makes it quick keeps from rounding edges when held straight and the sheets last because they are plastic type of backing.

These are great for fine finishing and once you use the 9 micron and the 30 micron lines are gone you can polish with fabulustre or rouge only no Tripoli required
    You can also add the thrumming material to your saw frame for control and fine polish

Thats a good idea, never thought about putting it on a saw frame. Learn something every day.

Or a few strands of this or a piece of tape (if you can get it), would do the job.....http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-999-CBA

I use ordinary white cotton string that you tie up parcels with, works just as well and a lot cheaper.

Bump of an old thread of mine. I have been using the techniques & they work great, the strips in the emery paper in the saw frame works particularly well!

I do have a problem though. After a magnetic polisher was mentioned a few times on here I decided to get one. Got the little entry level Bumblebee but I think I might have done something wrong when using it.

I have been testing various cycles with different amounts of liquid, soap etc. First few tried pieces came out really shiny & got into all the tiny little places.

Decided to try a longer cycle to see if it made a difference. Left it on for 30 mins & return to find the pot spinning on the top & the water completely black. Stained the pot & now it goes black each time even staining the pieces.

Have any of you guys encountered this before?

We have some magnetic polisher users, so it will be interesting to see their replies.

If the pot is spinning, I would conclude that the needles have become magnetised and are clumping together. Dennis.

The water always goes black for me just replace it,you can clean the pins in coca cola then in water then lay them out to dry on a paper towel ,I never leave the barrel on the machine when its not in use. I use lots of water and only a few pins it sounds like you have to many pins in or to many peices in it or both . I have not use the type of polisher you have but would imagine its similar to what I have