Thread: Leather wrapping Leather?

Default Leather wrapping Leather?

Hi I know this might be a really basic question - apologies! I am just starting to make some leather bracelets to carry some of my silver work and wondered how best to cover wire wrapped ends with leather cord?

I imagine I have to wire wrap first and then cover with some thin leather cord ....... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B178LB_01.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	8562

I can find HEAPS of tutorials on wire wrapping, but non on how best to securely wrap leather cord over the wire wrap end ... I have attached a pic of the type of thing I mean and grateful for any advice or links to tutorials? TIA Em xx

I don't think I would use wire at all, but either:

Secure the ends of the plait with a little superglue. Turn them back on themselves to make a loop, then secure the loop with a leather thong by a technique called whipping, as seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wECupgmIJio

Or Dispense with the whipping and finish the ends with well fitting tubing. Each tube would have a closed end and a stout jump ring to connect to the fastener without soldering it closed. In this case the leather would be fixed into the tube ends neatly with clear fast-setting Araldite. Dennis.

There are special clasps for this, with closed tubes for the leather ends (we stock'em in various sizes and i think George makes them too)
    Something pretty much like Dennis described. But we use gel superglue to fix the leather
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

THANK YOU!! Who knew there was wrapping and whipping ........ I'll start whipping straight away, grateful for the tutorial clip. x