Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9ct gold clasp for dragonscale

The catch should have suitable fixings in the form of closed rings and the weave should be cold connected. Dennis.

Dragonscale is actually one of the easier weaves to solder. Pre-close and solder all the small rings, then use a speedweaving technique to add the large (with the next small rings picked up) and close/solder as needed. You need a very small flame, and it's easier to use paste solder.

However, with 1mm wire, and a nice tight AR, you shouldn't need to solder, other than at the clasp fixings. I wouldn't!

I'd quite like your client though - with a proper markup that's a nice little earner

very, very nice little earner!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Dragonscale is actually one of the easier weaves to solder. Pre-close and solder all the small rings, then use a speedweaving technique to add the large (with the next small rings picked up) and close/solder as needed. You need a very small flame, and it's easier to use paste solder.

However, with 1mm wire, and a nice tight AR, you shouldn't need to solder, other than at the clasp fixings. I wouldn't!

I'd quite like your client though - with a proper markup that's a nice little earner