Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition January 2016 - New and Fresh

Hi everyone,

There's only a couple of weeks left to go in this month's themed competition - we are looking forward to seeing all of your entries!

Good luck

Hi everyone,

There's only a couple of weeks left to go in this month's themed competition - we are looking forward to seeing all of your entries!

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Not long left to go! There's only a week left to submit your entries to this month's themed competition - don't forget to enter!

Best of luck!

Hi!
    So I'm new to this.. Kinda nervous... Never been the forum type of girl but figured if I want to get Sirius about jewelry making I should definitely try. So I figured why not try competing

My piece is a hair clip with a happy elephant. I'm a student so practically everything is new to me right now but this is especially because even when I worked with beads I never made a hair piece. And the design is my own experiments.
    Hope you like it and good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new here too. Well, other than the lurking of course.
    I've pasted/quoted my introduction from a little earlier today, which explains why I'm submitting my little foxy, but I'll add a little more detail..
    I've always wanted to make jewellery but never thought it was possible without professional training.
    One day I saw an image of a silver sea turtle online.. I looked up the maker.. Gordon Uyehara.
    That's when I discovered silver clay. To say I was excited, is an understatement.. A way to do something I had always wanted but thought could never happen.. The start of something new.. So I bought some SilverClay, with great intentions; I made this little fine silver fox, inspired by another piece of Gordon Uyehara's work.. That was 4 years ago.. The rest of the pack has dried out. Sometimes life is just too complicated to build dreams.
    I haven't forgotten what I want.. And now I feel ready.
    For me, my little fox, who has spent four years in a draw, represents my dream of a life 'new & fresh'.. Seems only right that he should remain the beginning this time around.

Sorry it's been long read. I'm actually kind of shy.. If I don't say it in one go, and enter straight away, it'll be another however many years of lurking & poor mr fox will remain in my draw forever!
    Also, who knew photographing jewellery was so hard!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Hello all.
    I guess after a year of buying bits and bobs on the CG website and lurking around the boards, I should finally say HI!

It might be the Moldavite talking (ha!) but I’ve decided it’s time to actually Make Something with what I have bought! .. get the wheels rolling on a new, satisfying, creative life.. Hopefully a successful one - pretty sure accountancy wasn't actually my destiny

I made something a few years ago when I thought it was 'time’, but life proved me wrong and it has sat in a draw ever since. (I've made a few simple wire bands and bangles for myself, but nothing else.)

I might post it in the January competition? ‘Fresh and New’, seems appropriate for the piece - as that is exactly what it represents for me.. My New Life.. it'll be a good kick up the butt too!
    Maybe?.. Might be brave, might not! Haha.

Anyway... HELLO!
    Lauri x.. (from Buckingham, Bucks)
    ooo.. I'm nervous!
    Thanks for your patience ☺️, Lauri x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by Lauri; 25-01-2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: To try to make pics bigger. Failed! ☺️

Great entries Elinor and Lauri!!

Glad you've given Mr Fox an outing from his draw Lauri!!

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Great entries Elinor and Lauri!!

Glad you've given Mr Fox an outing from his draw Lauri!!

xx
    Thanks ☺️ I'm glad too, poor Mr Fox. Can anyone advise me on how to post the pics full size, please? x

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Thanks ☺️ I'm glad too, poor Mr Fox. Can anyone advise me on how to post the pics full size, please? x
    To post these large pictures, you store them on a website such as Photobucket, and send them from there. It will allow you to adjust them to your required size before sending.

Personally, I found the whole process too tedious and gave up on it. Also, without wishing to give offence, when replies are posted showing the same large pictures over and over, it just fills up space unnecessarily. Dennis.

Thanks for explaining, Dennis.
    It's a shame because I think the pics aren't showing the details very well.. Almost like a soft filter has been applied. However, I'll leave them as they are.. I'm all for saving space ☺️ x

I agree with you Dennis but I uploaded from my phone and it didn't even ask me what I want or pre show me the pics... But I think the fox is adorable! And the details are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk