Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durston c80

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well, the grooves have some common uses, for instance making wire from ingots and reducing square wire more rapidly than a draw plate would. Also creating a stepped tip on wire, which is less wasteful than filing it prior to drawing down.

The D shaped extensions can convert round wire, or create flanges on each side of an existing D shape, by passing it through a smaller groove. This can make shanks and wedding bands more decorative. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis, I've not needed to do any of those things but I suppose the option is always there. Rings are my least favourite thing to make and always on my list of things to give some extra time to, maybe this year!

Thanks for the advice. Cookson can't sell me an F80 but are happy for me to return at no cost and get a refund. I am trying to find somewhere to buy the F80 from but can not find a uk seller. Where might I buy one from?

Well I never! Turns out Durston are just up the road from me! Just waiting to hear back whether I can buy one directly from them!

Quote Originally Posted by Caline View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Cookson can't sell me an F80 but are happy for me to return at no cost and get a refund. I am trying to find somewhere to buy the F80 from but can not find a uk seller. Where might I buy one from?
    Have you tried phoning Durston, I'm not sure whether they sell direct to customers or not but its worth asking. Matthew likes to deal with all enquiries himself so he may not get back to you for a while!

Good luck with contacting them I have the C100 and think its great, you can always do with extra length in the flat rollers but also you can put the metal through at an angle to get a bit of extra room for manoeuvre!

Quote Originally Posted by Unhindered View Post
    ...you can always do with extra length in the flat rollers...
    D4, and I'd still like longer rolls.