Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinity Knot Plectrum Pendant.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default Trinity Knot Plectrum Pendant.

What a busy year this has been for me. I am hoping it has been kind to you all in some way too.

At the end of the year, and to start the next year off, our household exchange gifts. This was done as a post Christmas present discount experience originally, to save on funds. Over the years, as my lad has grown, so have his tastes. He enjoys a make from me and often gets involved in the concept - likes, colour, size, metal... etc. This year, I suggested I make a plectrum holder pendant. My boy is at University, studying for a MA in Musicianship, with Bass Guitar as his instrument. It didn't take him long to find me one of his plectrums for use as a starter for 10.

Then he decided he wanted some sort of Celtic Knot. This one chosen is the trinity knot, which we understand to have some links to past, present and future of relationships. So not a bad thing.

it has a depressed tension piece on the reverse to keep the intended picks in place - it works rather well, but I think a lower lever would work better on the next one I make.

I have used liver of sulphur to blacken this piece as per son's request. Pierced out the knot and hand engraved the pattern.

Attachment 8481

10/10 for the starter, plus all available bonus points to your team - lovely idea and great result! It has the added advantage of being colour-changeable by simply switching plectrums - perhaps you could find one with flashing LEDs incorporated for when he's on stage at Glastonbury...

Alan

Beautifully done Wallace! I have a guitarist brother and best friend, both of whom I have made different styles of plectrums (one was glow in the dark resin with a tooth and skin from a favourite rattlesnake in!) Bur really love the idea of the holder. Bet he loves it x

Great idea Wallace, with a special meaning for him. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    10/10 for the starter, plus all available bonus points to your team - lovely idea and great result! It has the added advantage of being colour-changeable by simply switching plectrums - perhaps you could find one with flashing LEDs incorporated for when he's on stage at Glastonbury...

Alan
    thank you. He certainly would, if he could!

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Beautifully done Wallace! I have a guitarist brother and best friend, both of whom I have made different styles of plectrums (one was glow in the dark resin with a tooth and skin from a favourite rattlesnake in!) Bur really love the idea of the holder. Bet he loves it x
    thank you Lydia, he does, and that snake plectrum sounds pretty cool. X

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Great idea Wallace, with a special meaning for him. Dennis.
    . Thank you Dennis, it does. And taking part in the process is always fun too.

That's gorgeous Wallace and all the more special because your son was involved in the design process too!
    Jules

Wallace, that is a great design and wonderful piece of jewellery for a guitarist. I'm interested to see the how liver of sulphur colours over such an area.

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    That's gorgeous Wallace and all the more special because your son was involved in the design process too!
    Thank you Jules, he does like to have something he would like, rather than something I imagine he would like! lol

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    Wallace, that is a great design and wonderful piece of jewellery for a guitarist. I'm interested to see the how liver of sulphur colours over such an area.
    Thank you he has already found out how useful it is. The piece went into a warm bath of the stuff, several times.

Very very cool!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thank you very much Ryn