Thread: silver and labradorite ring

Default silver and labradorite ring

I had a few hours spare today so I thought I would sit down and make something. this is the result.
    it looks like a waterdrop that's in prison lol.

the stuff I'm making is still pretty rough but it seems to be getting better.

I like the concept your description made me laugh. If you spend more time filling and polishing before setting it would look less rough but impressive for a couple of hours work!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    I like the concept your description made me laugh. If you spend more time filling and polishing before setting it would look less rough but impressive for a couple of hours work!
    I agree with all that. I think the rough finish is part of its charm, though I'd probably want to slim down and shorten the prongs a bit. I love Labradorite - Kevin Coates used it for the body of his "Dodo for Mr Dodgson" and the beak of his "Crow for Ted Hughes", part of his "Bestiary of Jewels" collection which I was lucky enough to see when it was on display at the Ashmolean.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    I agree with all that. I think the rough finish is part of its charm, though I'd probably want to slim down and shorten the prongs a bit. I love Labradorite - Kevin Coates used it for the body of his "Dodo for Mr Dodgson" and the beak of his "Crow for Ted Hughes", part of his "Bestiary of Jewels" collection which I was lucky enough to see when it was on display at the Ashmolean.
    Alan
    I also like the rough finish but Sam mentioned it

I just watched a youtube clip about that exhibition I wish I'd known about it. I love the mixture of jewellery and books!

Thanks guys, the next one will hopefully be better!

Quote Originally Posted by glitterandgem View Post
    I like it looks like snake fangs
    Ooh yeah!

Good work Sam; just needs a better finish - or not depending on your intention of how the piece should look - your perogative!

It's too easy to offend people on forums, but my first reaction was: that's a snake stealing an egg. Don't blame me... someone else said it first. Dennis.

Oh didn't I mention I was going for the gothic vibe!
    Ahem... Totally supposed to look like a snake and stuff. Glad you lot noticed it

I didn't see that at first, but I do now - I love the image it makes of a snake swallowing an egg! Instead of wanting to shorten those prongs, as I first suggested, I think I'd just sharpen them up slightly to look even more like fangs.
    Alan