Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Season Greetings

More tidiness envy... There's a bike lurking under a lot of my stuff as well.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    More tidiness envy... There's a bike lurking under a lot of my stuff as well.
    Alan
    Excellent Alan,
    Motorbike I assume? At the risk of going 'off thread' what sort?
    Mines a bit grubby at the moment as I ride all year round. Need to clean and recoat it with ACF50 or similar.
    Yet another job on the ever growing list
    Tim

1957 Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet - used to ride it all the time, till the piston seized and now it awaits a rebuild. I've got a 1970s Guzzi lurking in a shed too, but sold Yamaha V-Max and Egli Vincent twin recently... What's yours? Can't tell from the pic.
    Alan

Mines a Beamer R1200GS LC. Was going to go for a tourer but had a GS before and couldn't bring myself to change style. Am also looking after a twist and go 125 scoot while my brother in-law is in Oz. Small but fun! My take is if its got 2 wheels and an engine its got to be good.
    I'd love to get more bikes especially an older one like your Enfield to remind me of my long lost and misspent youth but time and funds don't permit.
    Had a Fanny B 250 as a kid but never took my test. Took up biking in 2006 after a life threatening illness. Wish I'd done it sooner.
    Good luck with the rebuild. Not sure where you are but if you're ever in Devon and fancy a ride out feel free to PM me
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Took up biking in 2006 after a life threatening illness.
    Tim
    biking is a life-threatening illness... at least it can be

you're just a motionless speck to the eye - until its too late - ride safely!

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    biking is a life-threatening illness...
    I've heard that life itself is a sexually transmitted terminal disease...

My take is if its got 2 wheels and an engine its got to be good.
    Not just any engine for me. I favour air-cooled singles/v-twins - the V-Max was a bit of a departure on both counts, but it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck with the rebuild. Not sure where you are but if you're ever in Devon and fancy a ride out feel free to PM me
    Tim
    I'd love to - but don't hold your breath, I'm a slow worker. I took the Bullet down to the south of France one time - slow progress, as every other biker I met had to stop and compare notes in Franglais.

Alan

PS - apologies, James, for turning your post into a bikers' chat-show.

I'm going to join the bikers chat too, I used to ride a BSA C11 years ago, then I sold it as it kept breaking down and I had to rely on being near a phone box so hubby could rescue me (tells how long ago, before mobile phones!!!!!). Sold it to buy a Honda 550, but fell in love with a Honda 400 4. It was just my size being only 5'3"......

Interesting bikes Pat. I'm a fan of British singles, but never much liked the C11 - on the other hand, I'm not a fan of Japanese multi-cylinders, but always thought the 400 4 a great machine - I think you definitely traded up there!
    Alan

I've heard that life itself is a sexually transmitted terminal disease...
    Caught off one's mother no less!

Interesting bikes Pat. I'm a fan of British singles, but never much liked the C11 - on the other hand, I'm not a fan of Japanese multi-cylinders, but always thought the 400 4 a great machine - I think you definitely traded up there!
    Alan
    I've met quite a few people who say they dislike Japanese bikes and yet who make an exception for the 400-4. What does it have that other Japanese multicylinders don't or didn't?