Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Then Carlos Acosta? A legend. Dennis.
    I saw his Carmen at the cinema shortly after it was first performed. My wife takes me to nearly all the live transmissions from the Bolshoi and Royal Ballet. Acosta's Carmen got slated by the critics for its unrefined choreography, but I enjoyed it all the same. I think Acosta did some clever things in his presentation of the narrative; there was none of the usual difficulty in understanding a ballet's plot - not that there is much of a plot in many ballets.

Acosta is a fabulous dancer, of course. But have you seen Denis Rodkin, Dennis? He's unbelievable.

Merry Christmas everyone! And a happy new year. I got a micro motor for christmas that was recommended on here!

Never mind the micromotor, it's always fun to snoop around other people's worktop. The bench pin is set up for filing. Do you have one with a V shaped slot for piercing? Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 31-12-2015 at 12:06 PM.

I'm envious - both of your micromotor and your tidy workspace.
    Alan

I noticed you have a borax cone and something yellow in a bottle that might be Auflux? so I'd like to know why, if this is the case, you use both and what do you find the pros and cons of each to be, is one better for some things and the other better for others?
    Also, loving your tidy workspace, mine always looks like a bombs hit it - even 10 minutes after I've spent a day tidying up! Also, if you have experience of a pendant motor I'd like to hear what you think of the micromotor in comparison.
    Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Never mind the micromotor, it's always fun to snoop around other people's worktop. The bench pin is set up for filing. Do you have one with a V shaped slot for piercing? Dennis.
    How could you tell is it all the tiny marks from piercing along the end? I had one I need a new one.

Alan that was my desk after a yearly clean up... Also I have another two work surfaces that don't look quite so clear.

I've only used a pendant motor a couple of times it compares well to the ones I've used but they weren't a brand I recognized so that might not be saying much.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh and I got the Auflux in a kit when I first started out. It was fine but I got used to using borax at my classes so I only use that now really.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone! And a happy new year. I got a micro motor for christmas that was recommended on here!
    looks great! So much tidier than mine after the christmas rush!

Happy new year This got me off to the year with a smile on my face ...

Happy new year to all forum members also and thank you to all who have helped me in the past.
    I hope everyone was rewarded for their pre Christmas efforts. I know I was with most sales coming via a local Nation Trust Gallery

Am starting my new yesr with a complete tidy of my workshop and an extension to my bench to make way for some new equipment.
    Not too good with the tidying bit so may have to enlist Mrs Tim's help to organise me when work is finished.

All the best for the next 12 months
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1848.jpg   IMG_1849.jpg